Around mid-May this year, HTC has added a new smartphone – the U11 into their flagship series. It features an iconic liquid surface design along with a new pressure detection feature, known as Edge Sense and its camera tops the chart on DxOMark, an international recognized camera benchmarking institution.
HTC U11 specifications：
- 5.5 inches 2K display（5th generation Corning Gorilla Glass ）
- 2.45GHz Snapdragon 835 SoC
- 4GB+64GB ROM／6GB+128GB ROM（UFS2.1）
- 12MP rear UltraPixel 3 camera，1.4um，F1.7 aperture，OIS+EIS stabilization, UltraSpeed AF，HDR Boost
- 16MP front UltraPixel camera，150 degree wide angle lens，F2.0 aperture，EIS stabilization technology
- Edge Sense
- HTC BoomSound + Hi-Fi Edition
- Support Cat 16 4G high speed mobile network
- IP67 water and dust resistant
- QC 3.0 quickcharging
- 3000mAh battery
- 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9mm
- Runs on Android 7.1 OS
- Available in blue, red, silver, black and white
Apart from the enhanced artificial intelligence based voice assistant Edge companion, HTC has added a new feature known as Edge Sense. This feature can be a replacement for camera shutter key or launching certain key actions by detecting pressure applied on the side. For example, the front facing camera can be changed to rear facing camera when press against its side without manually pressing the button. It is certainly a useful feature that reduces hand movement when performing tasks.
The 12MP UltraPixel 3 camera is one of its biggest highlight. It has a sensor size at 1.4 micrometers with large aperture up to f/1.7 along with optical and electronic image stabilization in place. Its camera was rated the top with 90 score that beat out Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7 Plus.
With its official launch, the HTC U11 is priced at RM3099 and HTC Malaysia will bring Amazing Silver, Solar Red and Sapphire Blue colours variant into Malaysia. It will be available to purchase by end of June through online marketplace and authorized retail stores.