Today marks the international launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and it has been crowned as one of the best Samsung smartphones every made. It blends in the design from Galaxy Note 8 while added with some hardware from Galaxy S9 along topped with a much more larger storage. Have a look on the design and hardware so you know whether does this smartphone worth your money.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 specifications：
- Android 8.1 OS
- 6.4 inch 2K Super AMOLED Full View curved display, 2960×1440 resolution, 516ppi
- 2.7Ghz Samsung Exynos 9810 octa-core processor (10nm) / 2.8Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor (10nm)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM / 8GB RAM + 512GB ROM storage combination (supports up to 512GB MicroSD card expansion)
- Rear 12 MP (f / 1.5 + f / 2.4 variable double aperture) + 12 MP telephoto (f / 2.4 aperture) dual camera, dual OIS optical image stabilization, 2x optical zoom, 10 times digital zoom, 20 Labeled AI scene recognition, 960fps super slow motion shooting, support for Live Focus, enhanced HDR
- Front 8 MPself-timer lens, f/1.7 aperture, support for Live Focus, support for HDR boost, support for AR Emoji, support for S Pen AR Emoji
- 4000mAh battery capacity
- Support Samsung Adaptive Fast Charge technology, wireless charging
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Water Carbon Cooling System
- Support low-power Bluetooth S Pen
- IP68 dustproof and waterproof
- AKG Harman Kardon Certified Dual Speaker
- Samsung DeX desktop mode that supports HDMI connection
- Support for Samsung Knox
- Support Giga LTE network with a maximum network speed of 1.2Gbps
- Nano-SIM dual card dual standby, support LTE cat.18
- 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm
- Available in midnight black, metallic copper, ocean blue, lavender purple
While the design remains similar from the Galaxy Note 8, one of the greatest change seen on the Note 9 is the enhanced S Pen which is capable to do much more than before. The display and body is now more curved and feels more handy on grip.
The camera module now shaped in a horizontal direction that appears in a modular design with fingerprint sensor now relocated to the bottom. The bezels are greatly reduced to fit in a 6.4 inches 2K Super AMOLED display.
As for the Ocean Blue S9, it has a significant contrast yellow colored S Pen certainly unique. It makes the dull looking blue appears lively and vivid.
Lavender purple and classical midnight black remains available in this version. This 3 S Pen follows the main body colour except all Ocean Blue variant, which is spec with yellow S Pen.
The Galaxy Note 9 now adds in AI camera feature that recognizes scenery and object and optimizes the colour and environment enhancement on the image captured. The new HDR brings a greater colour vividness with better details.
The S Pen is probably one of the best selling feature of the Note series smartphone. The new S Pen now adds quick action feature as below which is not available in previous S Pen.
- Click once to pause & play YouTube videos
- Double click to skip videos
- Single tap to take photos
- Double click to change camera.
Samsung will open SDK for Android developers to make the S Pen great again.
The new 512GB ROM makes the most of the Note 9 and it can be further expanded up to 1TB of total storage with support of 512GB microSD card.
Last generation Samsung DeX relies on a dock and an extra HDMI port for its action. Now you just need a HDMI cable to activate Samsung DeX.
Lastly, the Galaxy Note 9 is IP68 certified for dust and water resistant and it is available in 6GB RAM with 128GB ROM or 8GB RAM with 512GB ROM. It will be available to pre-order in Malaysia next week.