HTC Malaysia has officially unveiled the phones that we have been waiting for – the U Play and U Ultra flagship smartphone. These 2 smartphone had been launched in Taiwan and introduced in the CES 2017 and it is what HTC claims the only flagship that will be launched in this year. Despite specification differences, both smartphone are equipped with their new HTC Sense AI companion and featuring a unique liquid surface design.
HTC U Ultra ：
- Android 7.0
- 5.7 inches 2K Super LCD display with Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.15GHz Snapdragon 821 quadcore SoC
- 4GB RAM+64/128GB ROM（support microSD）
- 16MP front camera
- 12MP rear Ultra Pixel 2 rear camera/ F1.8 aperture/ BSI/ OIS/ PDAF and infrared autofocus
- 3000mAh battery with quickcharge technology
- USB-C connectivity
- Fingerprint sensor
- 162.41 x 79.79 x 7.99mm
- Available in black, blue, pink and white
HTC U Play ：
- Android 6.0
- 5.2 inches 1080p Super LCD display/ Gorilla Glass
- Helio P10 octacore SoC
- 4GB RAM+ 64GB ROM（support microSD ）
- 16MP front camera/ F2.0 aperture/ BSI
- 16MP rear camera/ F2.0 aperture/ OIS/ PDAF / dual tone LED flash
- 2500mAh battery（5V/2A quickcharge）
- Fingerprint sensor
- 145.99 x 72.9 x 7.99mm
- Available in blue, black, white and pink
Both comes with Liquid Surface design that shows a glossy and smooth edge curving, it is hard to differentiate both in far. However, it can be noted that apart from size difference, the U Ultra has a square camera module while the U Play’s module are in round shaped.
The Liquid Surface design creates a remarkable light refraction effect on the HTC U Play and U Ultra. It creates a combination of colour reflected from different angle.
The Liquid Surface is definitely one great highlight on the U Ultra and U Play. Nonetheless, these 2 smartphones also come with HTC Sense Companion as your day to day assistant in managing your smartphone and provide personalized recommendation to users.
As for its pricing, the U Ultra is officially priced at RM2999 and available in black, pink and blue while the U Play is at RM1899 and available in black and white. On a side note, the U Ultra will be available from early March while the U Play is available near the end of March.