Apart from the launch of Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e, Samsung also brought “special edition” Galaxy S10 smartphone – the Galaxy S10 5G. As the name suggest, this smartphone will support the newest 5G architecture which is expect to popularize in the next few years. The 5G network is supported by Qualcomm X50 modem from Snapdragon 855 and let’s have a look below!
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G specifications:
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 6.7-inch QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED curved perforated screen (upper right punch), 19:9 screen ratio, 93.1% screen to body ratio
- 7nm Exynos 9820 eight-core processor @ 2.8GHz
- 8GB RAM + 256B ROM storage combination
- Rear quad camera
- Front dual camera + TOF lens
- 4500mAh battery capacity
- Support 25W fast charge
- Support Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 wireless fast charge
- Support Wireless Powershare reverse wireless charging
- In-screen fingerprint sensor
- Face unlock
- AKG-certified dual speakers for Dolby Atmos surround sound
- Nano-SIM dual card dual standby
- Support 5G network
As for the display, the 5G edition brings a huge 6.7″ Dynamic OLED display with 19:9 aspect ratio. It is the largest Galaxy S series smartphone to date. It has a similar dual front camera build as the S10+ with camera located on the top left corner. The module does appears slightly bigger than S10+ to fit in more hardware.
As for specifications, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G has no significant hardware specification difference when compared to Galaxy S10 Plus. However, it does has larger battery at 4500mAh with 25W quickcharge. Other RAM & ROM specification and reverse wireless charging is also brought into the 5G edition.
It is also one of the model that bring quad rear camera in action. Apart from the 3 camera from Galaxy S10, it also add a new 3D depth of field lens to accurate capture distance between object and smartphones to achieve natural background blurring. It can even be utilized in augmented reality with Quick Measure AR measuring tool !
Undoubtedly, it is able to support 5G network which offers ultra fast data transfer and thus enhances web browsing experience. With the high quality camera, it is able to provide great VR & AR experience and achieve real time 4K video call.
Samsung has yet to announce retail price for the Galaxy S10 5G but it will be available in US market by Q2 2019.