Malaysia government has previously announced that goods and service tax will be implemented into electronics gadget starting from 1st of April 2015. Although it has been almost a week after the GST implemented into a variety of products, consumers still faced some trouble whether the product is legally charged from GST. The implementation of GST also raised several price of products which includes electronic gadget such as smartphone. However, certain smartphone manufacturer has lowered down the price of some model after GST. Let’s compare the price of selected smartphone before and after GST!
(Need more information of GST product? Click Here )
Here a the price comparison of smartphone before and after GST
|Brand||Model||Price before GST||Price after GST|
|Apple||iPhone 6 (16GB)||RM 2549||RM 2702|
|iPhone 6 Plus (16GB)||RM 2949||RM 3126|
|Huawei||Mate 7||RM 1799||RM 1899|
|Mate 7 Gold||RM 1999||RM 2199|
|Oppo||R5||RM 1798||RM 1598|
|Vivo||Xplay 3S||RM 1899||RM 1699|
|Y28||RM 899||RM 699|
|Y22||RM 659||RM 599|
|Xiaomi||Redmi Note 4G||RM 589||RM 625|
- The Apple iPhone 6 comes with attractive features and specification. However with high price range around RM3000, GST implementation and further price hike could reduce one desire to own it.
- Lenovo and Samsung has make adjustment according to GST.
- Except those 3 listed above, other Vivo smartphone remains the same retail price.
- Apart from Redmi Note 4G, other Xiaomi smartphone remains the same retail price.
- Meizu also has make some amendment in the retail price but promises will provide free gifts and promotion for its customer.
Hopefully after reading this you will get some ideas and clue of the price adjustment of smartphones on pre and post-GST implementation. Although initial implementation of GST is a havoc, we hope that the smartphone and other electronic gadget price will stabilized in few weeks time.
Original Author: Noel.leng