The prevalence of Android 8.1 in Android Go smartphones are common but its availability in other entry level smartphones are scarce. However, Huawei has the new Y5 Prime that brings the newest Android 8.1 OS into their entry level line-up, for a price not more than RM500!
Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 specifications：
- Running EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- 5.45 inch HD+ full screen (720 x 1440 resolution, 18:9 screen ratio, 73.8 screen ratio)
- Equipped with MediaTek MT6739 processor
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM (supports microSD expansion up to 256GB)
- Rear 13 megapixel camera, auto focus, dual tone flash
- Front 5 megapixel camera with LED flash
- 3020mAh battery capacity
- microUSB interface
- Face recognition
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3 card slot design (dual SIM card slot + microSD card slot)
- Available in black and blue
With a size at 5.45 inches, it doesn’t fall behind other conventional entry level smartphone as it has the new 18:9 aspect ratio display.
Even the Y5 Prime comes with MediaTek MT6739 processor, it comes preloaded with Android 8.1 along with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM and supports microSD expansion up to 256GB! There is also a large 3020mAh battery capacity packed within the smartphone that brings 13 hours of non stop entertainment.
Lastly, there are only black and blue colours of the Y5 Prime up for selection. You can grab it at Huawei official site for RM498 or sign up with Digi for RM1.