The Android One concept is originally introduced to bring latest Android firmware to middle tier or entry level Android smartphone to reduce Android fragmentation among smartphones. Xiaomi has joined their effort with the launch Xiaomi A1 last year and this year is followed by the Xiaomi A2 and A2 Lite which is now launched at Madrid.
Xiaomi A2 specifications：
- 5.99 inch FHD+ full screen, 18:9 screen ratio, resolution 2160 x 1080, 403PPI (supports sunlight screen, luminous screen, eye protection mode, color temperature adjustment, standard mode)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor, AIE artificial intelligence engine
- 4GB/6GB RAM+32GB/64GB/128GB ROM
- Rear 20 MP+ 12 MP dual-lens lens (f/1.75 aperture, 206 scene recognition, 4k video support (3840 x 2160 30fps), slow motion video (720p 120fps) AI dual camera, AI beauty)
- Front 20 MP self-timer lens (f/1.75 aperture, AI smart beauty 4.0, 4 in 1 2μm super large pixel, 12 AI scene camera)
- 3010mAh battery capacity (AI smart power saving)
- USB Type-C interface
- Quick Charge 3.0
- Support for rear fingerprint recognition
- AI face unlock
- Bluetooth 5.0
- WiFi 2.4G/5G, support WiFi Direct, WiFi Display
- Support dual card with 4G
- 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Android 8.1
- Available in glacier blue, quicksand gold, red flame red, vermiculite black, cherry powder
Xiaomi A2 is powered by a Snapdragon 660 octacore SoC based on 14nm architecture with a maximum clocked 2.2Ghz along with 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM and 64GB/128GB eMMC5.1 ROM.
The 20MP rear camera is powered by Sony IMX376 while the other 12MP camera is powered by IMX486. It has a single LED flash but comes with light enhancement technology and HDR to bring greater brightness in low light shots.
Meanwhile, the front 20MP camera is powered by Sony IMX376 and supports background blurring, AI scene recognition, AI selfie with HDR support.
The most important part of the Mi A2 is that it runs on the stock Android 8 OS and comes with 3 years firmware support and additional 2 years of security upgrade topped with Google Assistant and Google Photo.
The pricing of the A2 and its variant are as below
- 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM – EUR249（~RM1184 ）
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM – EUR279（~RM1327 ）
- 6GB RAM + 128 GB ROM – EUR349（~RM1659）
Xiaomi A2 Lite specifications：
- Android 8.1 system
- 5.84 inch FHD+ full screen (19:9 screen ratio, 2280×1080 resolution)
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snadragon 625 processor
- 3/4GB RAM+32/64GB ROM storage combination (supports microSD card expansion to 256GB)
- Rear 12 MP + 5 MP dual camera, f / 2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel size, PDAF focus, AI portrait mode, beauty features, EIS electronic image stabilization
- Front 5 MP single-shot self-timer lens, AI portrait mode, AI smart beauty, front HDR, magic mirror
- 4000mAh battery capacity
- 5V/2A fast charge
- Micro USB interface
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Face recognition
- Rear fingerprint recognition
- Bluetooth 4.2
- WiFi 2.4G/5G, support WiFi Direct, support WiFi Display
- Nano-SIM dual card dual standby, three card slot
- 149.33 x 71.68 x 8.75 mm
- Available in quicksand gold, Bali blue, meteorite black
Let’s have a look on the features of the Mi A2 Lite as explained during the launch.
The pricing of the Mi A2 is as below
- 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM – EUR179（~RM851）
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM – EUR229（~RM1089）
It will be launched in France by 27th July and will be available in Malaysia in the coming months