Today marks the date that Redmi first 2019 smartphone gets launched in China market. The newest Redmi smartphone for 2019 to date goes to the Redmi Note 7 which offers decent mid-range grade performance. More details on the new Redmi are as below!
Redmi Note 7 specifications：
- 6.3-inch FHD+ dew drop full screen (19.5:9 screen ratio, 2340×1080 resolution)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- 3/4/6GB RAM+32/64GB ROM storage combination (supports up to 256GB expansion)
- Rear 48 MP + 5 MP dual camera (f/1.8 aperture, PDAF phase focus, 1.6 μm large pixel, AI scene recognition)
- 13 MP self-timer (support AI beauty, AI lens blur, AI scene recognition)
- 4000mAh battery capacity
- USB Type-C interface
- Support QC 4 fast charge (supports up to 18W fast charge)
- Face Unlock
- Water resistant (minor) on button/interface
- Infrared remote control
- Dual SIM
- Hybrid SIM card slot
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Fantasy blue, twilight gold, light black
The Redmi Note 7 offers a 6.3 inches dew drop display covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 with an aspect ratio at 19.5:9 with 2340 x 1080 resolution.
It is only 1.95mm thick!
Digging into the hardware, the Redmi Note 7 sports a Snapdragon 660 SoC, 3/4/6GB RAM, 32/64GB ROM, a 4000mAH battery for a day or two with QC4.0 support and with facial recognition enabled.
Xiaomi also claims that the new Redmi has improved audio system with smart pa 98937 components from similarly from Samsung and Apple, DSM and other sound amplification and enhancement hardware.
The 48MP+5MP dual rear camera is powered by Samsung GM1 sensor, offering aperture at f/1.8 with pixel size at 0.8um. Given the large aperture, this smartphone should perform pretty good at night.
As for front facing camera, it has a 13MP camera which added with AI selfie, lens blur, scene recognition and other feature.
Lastly, pricing of this new Redmi is around RMB 999 to RMB1399 and open for pre-order (in China) by 6pm today and comes with 18 months warranty.