After the teasing period official ended, Xiaomi Malaysia has officially launched the new Redmi Note 5 that priced under RM1000 into Malaysian mobile market. Xiaomi has bring some significant changes in the hardware from the Redmi Note 3 to this generation and let’s have a look on the launch highlights!
Redmi Note 5 specifications：
- MIUI 9（Android 7.1.1）
- 5.99 inches FHD+ Full View display（18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D glass ）
- 1.8GHz Snapdragon 636 octacore SoC
- 3/4/6GB RAM + 32/64GB ROM 存储组合
- Front 13MP camera with soft LED, HDR, AI camera background blurring, AI selfie
- Rear 12MP+5MP camera , f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm, AI sensor, AI selfie beauty
- 4000mAh battery with quickcharge
- Fingerprint sensor
- GPS enabled
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 3.5mm audio jack
- microUSB wireless charging port
- Dual SIM dual 4G（Hybrid slot）
- Blue, black and pink
3GB+32GB ： RM799
Apart from a decent hardware, the camera supports AI portrait mode to achieve background blurring usually done by dual camera.
The front facing camera is also enhanced by AI that brings up special enhancement on specific facial feature.
Here comes the retail price of the Redmi Note 5! It will be available on LAZADA for RM799 to RM999 and available to pre-order from 25th April.