As HMD Global has unveiled the new entry level budget Android smartphone under the Nokia brand name, it has now bring this popular Nokia 2 smartphone into Malaysian market that feature humongous battery for an extreme long battery life.
Specs are reviewed below.
Nokia 2 specifications：
- Android 7.1.2，upgradable to Android Oreo
- 5.0 inches 720p LTPS display
- 1.4GHz Snapdragon 212 SOC
- 1GB RAM+8GB ROM ( Support MicroSD expansion up to 128GB )
- Front 5MP camera
- Rear 8MP camera
- LED flash
- 4100mAh battery，up to 2 days standby time
- Dual SIM standby
- Support Bluetooth 4.0 & WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Preloaded with Google Assistant
- 3.5mm audio jack
- IP52 water and dust resistant
- 143.5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm
- Available in black, white and bronze
The Nokia 2 is powered by a new, entry level Snapdragon 212 System on Chip from Qualcomm. It comes with 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM but with the support of microSD expansion up to 128GB. The 4100mAh battery alongside with an energy efficient processor and battery friendly display make it last for 2 days, as official claims.
Despite being an entry level Android, Nokia has confirmed that it will receive Android 8.1 Oreo (along with Android Go) update in the feature and the new firmware update should be better user experience especially on its 1GB RAM.
Nokia 2 is now launched in Malaysia with a price tag at RM429 and comes with 1 year warranty from HMD Global Malaysia.